Tuesday 26 June 2012

My day off

Well, today is my one day off this week and I wanted to do something really lovely. What I really wanted was to be whisked off to Paris for a champagne lunch, but that clearly wasn't about to happen.

I did have a bit of a lie in this morning, until 9ish. That was nice as I was awake, so really able to enjoy just admiring the wonderful views from my loft bedroom windows and daydreaming, rather than having to be up and about early cleaning the chickens, feeding the dog etc before work.

So, after I surfaced, I thought before I did anything, I would check on my dog-walking phone. This is my old flip up mobile which I replaced before Christmas with an all singing, all dancing, oh so very easily breakable touchscreen beauty. I didn't want to take it out on dog walks in case I fell over and broke it (I have fallen several times!), so had the genius idea to get a pay and go sim for my solid as a rock old phone, and take it with me in case of an emergency.

Well, that was all well and good in theory, but the problem was I kept forgetting to take it out with me. Also, if I was wearing leggings, not jeans, I often had no pockets, the end result of which was that I only ever took it out on a couple of occasions, the last of which was the day before yesterday. I forgot it was in my jeans and put them and the phone through a 30 degree washing cycle. My phone was now very clean and smelling of summer meadows, but sadly, no longer working.


My ever patient neighbour very kindly took the phone to bits for me yesterday and I had it drying out in my loft bedroom, as it is warm up there. So, when I got up this morning and saw the screen had dried out, I put it all back together....nothing. Plugged the charger in.....nothing. Luckily I have another spare phone somewhere, so decided to charge that to see if the sim was still working. I was looking for the phone under the stairs, when I came across my penguin steamer and remembered that the freezer needed defrosting, so for some obscure reason got completely diverted and started emptying the freezer. By the time I had finished defrosting it, walked the dog and hoovered right through the house, most of the day had gone, and I still haven't found the spare phone!


Oh well. Change of plan. It will have to be a champagne supper in Paris instead!











.

No comments:

Post a Comment